Monday, May 4, 2009

Cake Decorating!

So last year for New Years i wanted to make a cake from scratch. I wanted it to be delicious. I followed the recipe, I even made the frosting from scratch. Low and behold the cake would not come out of the pan, it literally turned into crumbs. I basically had to glue it back together with the frosting, which didn't turn out so good itself! I was so mad by the time I was done I made the following inscription...
Happy FREAKING New Year!!!

So..... one of my Christmas presents last year was a bunch of cake decorating supplies and admission to a Wilton class. I had four classes and it was really fun to learn some of the techniques. I had to decorate a cake for the last three classes so here are the pictures. I was SO sick of cake by the time I got one made that I gave them all away (well except for Shayde's Birthday Cake!)

The Fish cake was a coconut cream filled cake with coconut almond icing.

The Flower Cake was chocolate with a raspberry filling and chocolate icing.

The dinosaur cake was the finale, it was rainbow chip (per Shayde's request with a butter cream icing and a coco crispy volcano! Sorry its sideways o forgot to change it, but there are more pictures and a movie below!

I also made a red velvet cake for Summer's Birthday while she was here, but my mom has the pictures, I'll try and get them later.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

You're so amazing. Can I hire you to make birthday cakes for all my kids? I'll pay you extra if you let me say that I made them....

Karyn said...

So, I'm looking at the new year's cake, and it doesn't really look like it says "freaking".....it kinda looks like a much worse word. Ha ha!

Chelsea K said...

lol. i promise i wrote freaking....although i cant blame myself if the frosting took creative liberties...lol

i would love to make birthday cakes for you, anytime