Monday, May 4, 2009

The curse of the "Black Kerr"!

So some may not know, that Shayde was born the day before out first Anniversary. You know, having a baby was wonderful, but spending out first anniversary in the hospital bed with bread sticks from Little Caesars and watching Clueless on the hospital TV wasn't an ideal celebration....

Since i love to celebrate things I have always tried to make our special moments a fun time, after a couple years Dave and I decided to trade off planning Valentines Day and our Anniversary, so we each planned one per year then traded the next year....

Well, since that first year our Anniversary has had a sort of bad luck streak. One year we were home and planned a romantic night in and then we both had the flu or something and were so sick we didn't really even enjoy it. One year Dave;s boss got us a deal at a hotel in Salt Lake s we went down for the night. The kids were going to stay at Dave's sisters house. We were planning to go to Hogal Zoo the next day for Shayde's birthday. That night we ordered room service for dinner and both ended up with food poisioning from the chicken! We were sick all night long and the next day, plus it was raining so we just went home.

This year I was in charge of planning our Anniversary. I was bound and determined that it would be a success with no illness, accidents, or intrerruptions!

I planned for months. It was a secret. Dave didnt know... basically every one else on the planet knew our plans but not Dave. We were going to stay at the Anniversary Inn (where we stayed for our honey moon). I looked at every room trying to decide which would be the best. Dave loves to scuba dive so I looked at the underwater rooms, they weren't that great. Finally I saw the Pirate room! Pirates are on the water, so it was close. Plus it left the field wide open for all kinds of pirate themed activities.

I made pirate outfits.... we did a pirate picture scavenger hunt.... we ate pirate food....we watched pirate movies..... it was awesome!

In the morning we got a phone call from our realtor letting us know a house we were interested in, but had had an offer made on, was on the market again...(my realtor speak is getting better but that still sounded wierd) Anyway. We had to rush down to his office that morning to sign the papers to get our offer in as tehre were several other interested parties...

So although we didnt have a completey un-interrupted weekend I consider the curse broken!

3 comments:

Karyn said...

I agree. I'd say that it was a good interuption anyway.....you're getting a house!!

Karyn said...

P.S. I love your that you did a theme for your anniversary. In fact, I just might steal that idea!

Chelsea K said...

you totally can, i have some great games...let me know if you want them